Updated: May 17, 2022
About uterine cancer / breast cancer screening free coupon
Based on the guidelines of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, we are distributing “cancer screening free coupons” to people of a certain age with the goal of increasing the cancer screening consultation rate in Japan.
Among those who have a resident registration in Chiba City, women who fall under the following.
Among the women who fall under the following dates of birth, those who have not undergone the screening for the 3rd year of Reiwa.
|Examination type||Date of birth|
|Cervical cancer screening||April 2, 2001-April 1, 2002|
|Breast cancer screening||April 2, 1981-April 1, 1982|
* For those who have forgotten to receive a medical examination in the 3rd year of Reiwa
[Delivery time]: On May 11, 4th year of Reiwa, it was shipped together with “Information on cancer screening, etc.”
[Expiration date]: Until February 28, 5th year of Reiwa.
How to use the coupon
- The free coupon will be mailed together with the “Cancer Screening Ticket Sticker” in Chiba City.
- “* Coupon *” is written next to the age on the consultation ticket sticker for the examination that is the target of the free coupon.
- The free coupon has a space for attaching a consultation ticket sticker, so please attach the consultation ticket sticker that says “* coupon *”.
- Bring a free coupon with a consultation ticket sticker to a medical institution or a group examination venue to receive a medical examination.
- Even if you are eligible for a free coupon, the examination fee will not be free unless you use the free coupon with the consultation ticket sticker attached.
(1) Cervical cancer screening
[Test items]: Interview, visual examination, cytopathology, pelvic examination
(only those who are deemed necessary by the interview results of individual examination may perform body cancer screening) Cytopathology is performed
on the surface of the cervix. It is a test to examine cells by scraping with a cotton swab or brush. It can be painful and bleeding as it is rubbed firmly with an instrument. Some people have a small amount of bleeding after the examination, but don’t worry.
* Because the cells of the endometrium are removed in the body cancer screening, it may be accompanied by pain at the time of the screening and bleeding for about 1 to 2 days after the screening.
(2) Breast cancer screening
[Examination items]: Interview, physical examination (individual examination only, performed when necessary), mammography (X-ray photography for breast only)
Mammography presses the breast with an X-ray device and takes a picture to the back. It is possible to detect even small lumps that cannot be touched by the hands, which is effective for early detection of breast cancer. Therefore, please note that it may be painful when shooting.
[How to receive cancer screening] * Information on individual screening and group screening. Click the underlined part to see how to get a medical examination.
Examination fee: Free
* A separate fee will be charged for examinations and treatments other than those in Chiba City.
In case of non-delivery or loss, the coupon will be reissued at the following application counter.
|Health Support Division||1-3-9 Saiwaicho, Mihama-ku, Chiba City 2nd floor, Chiba City General Health and Medical CenterTEL: 043-238-1794|
* When applying at the counter, be sure to bring your driver’s license, health insurance card, or other identification card.
If you move in or out, please take the following actions.
Those who have moved in
We will exchange the free coupon of the city, ward, town and village before moving in for the free coupon of Chiba city.
Please contact the Health Support Division (043-238-1794).
Those who have moved out
Free coupons from Chiba City cannot be used. For coupons that can be used at the new location, please contact the city, ward, town or village of the new location.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download it for free from the link on the banner.
Source of information on this page
Health Support Division, Health and Welfare Department, Health and Welfare Bureau
1-3-9 Saiwaicho, Mihama-ku, Chiba City 2nd floor, Chiba City General Health and Medical Center