Updated: December 28, 2021
Reiwa 3rd year national health insurance premiums will be exempted for those whose income has decreased due to the effects of the new coronavirus infection.
Reiwa 3rd year National Health Insurance premium reduction and exemption
Those who meet any of the following conditions will be exempt from the National Health Insurance premium.
(1) When the main livelihood maintainer dies or suffers serious injury or illness due to a new coronavirus infection
(2) Due to the effects of the new coronavirus infection, the income (limited to business, real estate, forests, and salary income) of the main livelihood maintainers during the 3rd year of Reiwa (2021) will be 2nd year of Reiwa (2020). When it decreases by 30% or more compared to the income inside
For details on exemption and application method, please follow the procedure below.
(Caution) The application period is from June 17, 3rd year of Reiwa to March 31st, 4th year of Reiwa (must arrive).
Insurance premiums subject to exemption
Insurance premiums for 3 years of Reiwa
(Limited to those for which the delivery deadline is set between April 1, 3rd year of Reiwa and March 31st, 4th year of Reiwa)Step 1 Overview of the exemption system
We have posted materials explaining the national health insurance premium reduction and exemption system due to the new coronavirus infection.
Please check the outline of the exemption system.
* You can check whether the exemption is applicable and how to apply in “Procedure 2”.
Step 2 Applicability of exemption and application method
Please check the flow below to see if the insurance premium reduction or exemption is applied or how to apply.
Step 3 Apply for insurance premium reduction / exemption ( If it is determined that you can apply in step 2, proceed to the application.)
Please prepare the exemption application form and attached documents, and apply by mail or at the counter.
[When submitting by mail]
Please submit by mail to the Citizen’s General Counter Section of your ward office.
11th floor of Qiball, 4-5-1 Central, Chuo-ku, 260-8733
Chuo Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
1-1 Mizuho, Hanamigawa-ku, 262-8733
Hanamigawa Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
4-12-1 Anagawa, Inage-ku, 263-8733Inage Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
2-1-1 Sakuragikita, Wakaba-ku, 264-8733
Wakaba Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
3-15-3 Oyumino, Midori-ku, 266-8733
Midori Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
5-15-1 Masago, Mihama-ku, 261-8733
Mihama Ward Office Citizen General Counter Section National Health Insurance Group
[When submitting directly to the counter]
* Please cooperate with the application by mail as much as possible to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection.
Please submit directly to the National Health Insurance Group, Citizens’ General Counter Section, each ward office.
Application documents other than the above (This is the application form for those who answered “Please contact the ward office” in step 2.) * Please use the application form provided by the ward office.
1 Application documents for those who have died or suffered serious injuries due to a new coronavirus infection
2 Application documents for those who fall under the category of reducing insurance premiums for involuntary unemployed people
* If the number of insured persons increases or decreases due to the participation of national health insurance in the household after the exemption is decided, the exemption amount may change.
National Health Insurance Group, Citizens’ General Counter Section, Each Ward Office
・ Chuo-ku telephone 043-221-2131
・ Hanamigawa Ward Telephone 043-275-6255
・ Inage Ward Telephone 043-284-6119
・ Wakaba Ward Telephone 043-233-8131
・ Midori Ward Telephone 043-292-8119
・ Mihama Ward Telephone 043-270-3131