Updated: March 16, 2022
Estimated national health insurance premium
Estimated national health insurance premium
- Please download the Excel data “Trial balance of insurance premiums” below.
- Please check “About the calculation method of Chiba City National Health Insurance premium” in the downloaded “Trial balance of insurance premiums”.
- Please enter the required items according to the procedure of “Chiba City National Health Insurance Premium Calculation” in the downloaded “Insurance Premium Calculation Table”. The calculation result is displayed at the bottom of this sheet.
- The estimated results may differ from the actual insurance premiums.
- The actual amount of insurance premiums will be announced in the “National Health Insurance Premium Notice”. The notice will be sent around the end of June, or around the end of the following month after you have completed the procedures such as joining.
Precautions when using the National Health Insurance trial balance
The estimated results may differ from the actual insurance premiums. Especially in the following cases, the estimated result and the actual insurance premium may differ significantly. If you would like to check the insurance premiums in more detail, please contact the Citizens’ General Counter Section of the ward office of your ward.
- Some people reach the ages of 40, 65, and 75 in the middle of the year (April to March of the following year).
- Some people join or withdraw from National Health Insurance in the middle of the year (April to March of the following year).
- There are both salary income and pension income.
- There are people in the household who have medical insurance for the elderly.
- Those aged 65 and over have public pension income.
- There is a full-time deduction for business income.
- Receive a full-time salary.
- There is a special deduction for capital gains on land, buildings, etc.
About income declaration related to calculation of national health insurance premiums
There is a system in which the national health insurance premium is reduced according to income, but households that do not declare their income are not eligible for the reduction. Therefore, those who are 19 years old or older (including those who do not have income) who have not filed a final tax return are requested to file a tax return using the “National Health Insurance Premium Calculation Income Declaration Form”. In addition, a declaration is required every year. If you have income, please file a tax return.
Those who fall under the following categories do not need to file an income tax return for national health insurance premiums.
- Those who have filed a final tax return or city prefectural tax
- Those who have been adjusted at the end of the year at their place of employment and whose salary payment report has been submitted to Chiba City by their place of employment.
- Those who only have public pensions such as the national pension and welfare pension (People who have tax-exempt pensions such as disability pension and survivor’s pension and those who have only tax-exempt income such as unemployment benefits need to declare income for national health insurance premiums)
- As of January 1, household members under the age of 19 and having no income (income)
(1) When applying electronically Please prepare your health insurance card and complete the procedure from the application page of the ward where you currently live.
(2) When applying at the counter Please bring your insured card and complete the procedure at the National Health Insurance Group, Citizens’ General Counter Division of each ward.
(3) When applying by mail Please download the form below and mail it to your ward office.
Download the form: ” Chiba City National Health Insurance Premium Income Declaration Form ” (located in the middle of the linked page)
The submission and mailing address of the tax return to each ward office is as follows.
Chuo Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
〒260-8733 4-5-1 Chuo-ku, Chuo-ku Kiboru 11th floor Phone: 043-221-2131
Hanamigawa Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
1-1 Mizuho, Hanamigawa-ku, 262-8733 Phone: 043-275-6255
Inage Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
4-12-1 Anagawa, Inage-ku, 263-8733 Phone: 043-284-6119
Wakaba Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
2-1-1 Sakuragikita, Wakaba-ku, 264-8733 Phone: 043-233-8131
Midori Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
3-15-3 Oyumino, Midori-ku, 266-8733 Phone: 043-292-8119
Mihama Ward Office Citizen General Counter Division National Health Insurance Group
5-15-1 Masago, Mihama-ku, 261-8733 Phone: 043-270-3131
Source of information on this page
Health Insurance Division, Medical Hygiene Department, Health and Welfare Bureau
2-1 Chibaminato, Chuo-ku, Chiba City Chiba Central Community Center B1F