Information on routine immunization
Most of the illness resistance (immunity) given to babies by mothers is naturally lost up to 3 months after birth for pertussis and chickenpox, and 12 months after birth for measles and mumps. To go. Therefore, after this period, the baby needs to immunize himself to prevent the disease. Vaccination can help. There are many types and frequency of vaccinations for babies, so decide on your GP and be prepared to start vaccinations when you are two months old.
As children grow up, they have more opportunities to go out and are more likely to get an infection. Please use it for your child’s health with a correct understanding of vaccination.
* This page mainly deals with information on vaccinations for children. Please see the special page for the
new corona vaccine .
In Chiba City, routine immunization is carried out in two ways: “individual vaccination” and “group vaccination”.
“Individual vaccination” is a method to be carried out at vaccination cooperation medical institutions in the city.
Click here for a list of medical institutions that cooperate with the city. (PDF: 474KB) (← Click )
, Pediatric pneumonia, Pertussis / Diphtheria / Tetanus / Inactivated polio (4 types mixed), Inactivated polio, Diphtheria / Tetanus (2 types mixed), Vaccinations for hemp, tetanus, mixed hemp and tetanus, varicella, Japanese encephalitis, HPV (human papillomavirus infection), hepatitis B, and lota are carried out by “individual vaccination”.
From the above list of cooperating medical institutions in the city, please inoculate at the medical institution with a circle attached to the desired vaccination. Please contact each medical institution that receives the vaccination for the date and time of vaccination.
In addition, the city does not individually notify (notify) the timing of inoculation, so please consult with your family doctor to schedule your inoculation.
“Group inoculation” is a method in which the city designates a venue and conducts it at that venue.
BCG vaccination is carried out by mass vaccination.
Notification of the date and venue of BCG vaccination will be sent together with the individual notification of the 4-month-old child’s medical examination. Please inoculate at the designated day and venue (each ward health and welfare center).
* Please also refer to the following “Children who are energetic with vaccinations” for specific methods of implementing routine vaccinations.
Reiwa 3rd year edition “Children who are energetic with vaccination”
Chiba City has created a booklet “Children who are energetic with vaccinations <Routine vaccinations>” that explains the types of routine immunizations for children and the timing of vaccinations. We are distributing.
If you have lost or moved to Chiba City, please download the following.
In addition, it is also available at the City Health Center Infectious Disease Control Division, each ward Health and Welfare Center Health Division, and Citizen Center.
① About vaccination number sticker
From 2017, we will ask you to put a “vaccination number sticker” on the pre-examination slip, and in late April 2017, we will ship it to households with children up to 6 years old all at once.
We will send it to children who have been notified of birth or transfer after April 2017.
When you receive the sticker, please put the sticker on the pre-examination slip before vaccination.
Preliminary examination slips are available at the city cooperating medical institutions, the Infectious Disease Control Division of the Health Center, and the Health Division of each ward health and welfare center. You can also download it from the city website (you can download it from the explanation page for each type of routine immunization).
If you wish to reissue the sticker due to loss or change of name, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941). It will be mailed to your home around 10 days (excluding weekends and holidays and holidays during the year-end and New Year holidays).
If a guardian wakes up directly at the Infectious Disease Control Division, a sticker will be issued on the same day. If you wish to receive the sticker at the Infectious Disease Control Division, please bring a proof of parental identity and a maternal and child handbook.
* If you are not a guardian and live in a place different from your child’s resident registration place, and you wish to receive the reissued sticker at the Infectious Disease Control Division window, prove the identity of the agent. You will need what you can do and a power of attorney from your guardian (a power of attorney for receiving stickers). If you do not have a power of attorney, you will not be able to receive it at the counter and will mail it to your registered residence at a later date.
② About “Vaccination number printed pre-examination slip”
Two-kind mixture: For households with children who are eligible for routine DT (11 years old) vaccination, a pre-examination slip with the vaccination number printed will be sent in sequence just before the target age for vaccination.
If you have lost the vaccination card with the vaccination number printed on it, please use the vaccination card at a medical institution that cooperates with the city. At that time, if you do not know the vaccination number, you can leave it blank without filling in the vaccination number column on the pre-examination slip.
* Due to the nationwide supply shortage of Japanese encephalitis vaccine, individual notification of Japanese encephalitis 2nd stage (9 years old) will not be carried out in the 3rd year of Reiwa. Individual notifications will be sent to the target persons just before their 10th birthday in the 4th year of Reiwa.
* The number of inoculations for the two types of mixture is one. Please check the Mother and Child Handbook carefully to avoid accidentally inoculating multiple times.
* Those who have moved to Chiba City and do not have a resident registration in Chiba City on their 11th birthday will not be sent the “Vaccination Number Printed Preliminary Examination Sheet”. If you have not completed the vaccination for the two types of mixture, please use a vaccination card from a medical institution that cooperates with the city, and leave the vaccination number column on the vaccination card blank.
* If you move out of Chiba City and then move into Chiba City again, the “sticker” and “preliminary examination slip with printed number” will not be re-sent. If you have any, please call the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941) and request a reissue of stickers, etc.
* Inquiries about vaccination numbers from parents cannot be answered due to the protection of personal information.
For those who receive routine vaccinations between the ages of 0 and 7 and a half and wish to have a pre-examination slip mailed, please write “(1) Type of vaccination you wish to mail and the required number of vaccinations (2) Contact phone number. Please send it to the Infectious Disease Control Division together with the reply envelope. (If you are applying for a Japanese encephalitis pre-examination slip, please write down in a memo which of the “under 3 years old”, “3 years old and over”, “second stage”, and “measures” you need.)
(Destination) 1-3-9 Saiwaicho, Mihama-ku, Chiba 261-8755 Chiba City Health Center Infectious Disease Control Division Vaccination Group
* Please write “Request for mailing of pre-examination slip” on the surface of the envelope.
The format of the pre-examination slip has been revised as appropriate, so please apply for the pre-examination slip by mail only for inoculation within the next 3 months .
For the reply envelope to be enclosed, use an envelope with a size of long size 3 (120 mm x 235 mm) or long size 3 or less, and enter the address and name of the recipient in the address field. , Please attach stamps (up to 4 pre-examination slips for 84 yen, 5-9 stamps for 94 yen).
Envelopes will be mailed to your home about 10 days after they arrive at the Infectious Disease Control Division (excluding weekends and holidays and holidays during the year-end and New Year holidays).
If you are in a hurry, please use the pre-examination slips provided by the city vaccination cooperation medical institution, each ward health and welfare center health section, and infectious disease control section.
Issuance of “Vaccination Certificate”
We will issue a “vaccination certificate” to those who need a history certificate of vaccinations that they have been vaccinated in the past due to the loss of their maternal and child health handbook.
If you wish to issue it, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division (TEL 043-238-9941 FAX 043-238-9932) in advance and send the vaccination certificate issuance request form (PDF: 85KB) to the Infectious Disease Control Division. Please submit (mailable).
In addition, since it takes days to confirm the pre-examination slip for the amount of inoculation in the past, it takes about 20 days from the submission of the application to the Infectious Disease Control Division to the issuance (excluding weekends and holidays and holidays during the year-end and New Year holidays). Please note that we are available.
* Please note that the only vaccinations that can be issued as a “vaccination certificate” are the regular vaccinations that have been vaccinated within the past 5 years at the public expense of Chiba City . We cannot certify vaccinations given before the past 5 years, vaccinations voluntarily given, or routine vaccinations given at the public expense of other cities.
* If you do not know the time and type of vaccination and the medical institution, you may not be able to issue a “vaccination certificate”, so be sure to contact the Infectious Disease Control Division before submitting the issuance request form. Please contact us.
Issuance of “Vaccination Certificate (English Certificate)”
We will issue a “vaccination certificate (English certificate)” to those who need an English version of the vaccination certificate for reasons such as living abroad for a long period of time. The “Vaccination Certificate (English Certificate)” is an English translation of the “Vaccination Certificate” (not a doctor’s certificate).
The issuance fee is 300 yen (please cooperate so as not to change).
If you wish to issue it, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division (TEL 043-238-9941 FAX 043-238-9932) in advance, bring your MCH Handbook and issuance fee, and come to the Infectious Disease Control Division.
It will be mailed to your home about 10 days after you fill out and submit the application form (excluding weekends and holidays and holidays during the year-end and New Year holidays).
* Please note that the vaccinations that can be issued with the “Vaccination Certificate (English Certificate)” are only for the regular vaccinations carried out within the past 5 years at the public expense of Chiba City . Those who need English proof of vaccinations vaccinated before the past 5 years, vaccinations voluntarily vaccinated, and routine vaccinations vaccinated at the public expense of other cities are issued an English vaccination certificate. Please contact a medical institution.
|Standard inoculation age||Inoculation method||remarks|
(Haemophilus influenzae type b)
2 months to less than 7 months after first birth
Inoculate 3 times with an interval of 27 to 56 days each .
|7 to 13 months after the|
end of the first addition (3 times)
2 months to less than 7 months after first birth
Inoculate 3 times by 1 year at intervals of 27 days or more .
|60 days or more|
after the end of the first additional (3 times)
12 to 15 months after birth
A hundred days cough tetanus
: four kinds mixed
3 months to under 1 year old
Inoculate 3 times with an interval of 20 to 56 days each .
Inoculate all of the items on the left to
terminate basal immunity
|1st term added|
year to 1 year and 6 months after the end of the 1st term (3 times)
(pediatric polio )
3 months to under 1 year old
Inoculate 3 times with an interval of 20 to 56 days each .
Chin time of inoculation is
inoculation number of times
|1st term added|
year to 1 year and 6 months after the end of the 1st term (3 times)
5-8 months after birth (at the time of medical examination for a 4-month-old child)
|Chickenpox||Individual||The first time is from 1 year old to less than 1 year and 3 months old||Inoculate twice.|
|Measles / Rubella|
(Measles / Rubella mixed
|Individual||1st term1 year old and under 2 years old||Inoculate once.|
5 years old or older and under 7 years old for 1 year
before entering elementary school
|Japanese encephalitis||Individual||1st term first 3 years old||Inoculate twice at intervals of 6 to 28 days.|
Inoculate all of the items on the left to
terminate basal immunity
|1st term added 4 years old||Inoculate once.|
|2nd grade 4th grade elementary school||Inoculate once.||The foundation immune final|
add of person who Ryo
|DT (diphtheria broken|
scratches wind): two mixed
|Individual||6th grade elementary school||Inoculate once.|
|HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)||Individual|
Girls of the age equivalent to the first grade of junior high school
|Cervarix (2 valence)The second inoculation is given one month after the first inoculation, and the third inoculation is given six months after the first inoculation.Gardasil (4 valence)The second inoculation is given 2 months after the first inoculation, and the third inoculation is given 6 months after the first inoculation.||Kind of vaccine|
against by such
species interval is different
|Hepatitis B||Individual||2 months to less than 9 months old||By the age of 1 year, inoculate twice at intervals of 27 days or more, and once at intervals of 139 days or more from the first inoculation, for a total of three inoculations.||Those born after April 2016|
|Rota||Individual||2 months old||RotarixThe first inoculation is given from 6 weeks 0 days after birth to 14 weeks 6 days later, and the second inoculation is given at least 27 days after the first inoculation between 24 weeks 0 days after birth.RotatecThe first inoculation is given from 6 weeks 0 days after birth to 14 weeks 6 days, and the second and third inoculations are given at intervals of 27 days or more between 32 weeks 0 days after birth.||Those born after August 2nd year of Reiwa The number of inoculations differs depending on the vaccine|
|Target age||Number of inoculations||remarks|
Persons aged 65 and over  Persons aged 60 to 64 who have a physical disability equivalent to grade 1 due to heart, kidney, respiratory function, and immune function due to human immunodeficiency virus
|Granted only once within the target period||Out-of-pocket amount|
| Those who are 64 years old, 69 years old, 74 years old, 79 years old, 84 years old, 89 years old, 94 years old, 99 years old, 100 years old or older on the last day of the previous year (March 31)|
 As of the inoculation date Those who are 60 years old or older and under 65 years old and who have a physical disability equivalent to grade 1 in the function of the heart, kidney, respiratory organs, and immune function due to human immunodeficiency virus
|Granted only once||Out-of-pocket amount|
| Those who are 75 years old or older and are not eligible for regular inoculation|
 Those who are 65 years old or older as of the date of inoculation and have physical disorders in the functions of the heart, kidneys, respiratory organs, and immune function due to the human immunodeficiency virus 1 Those who are not eligible for regular vaccination among those with disabilities equivalent to the class
Vaccination interval (Handling changed from October 1, 2nd year of Reiwa)
About inoculation interval with new corona vaccine
The new corona vaccine and other vaccines cannot be given at the same time. In addition, the new corona vaccine and the other vaccines can be given to each other two weeks after receiving one vaccine.
(Example) If you inoculate the new corona vaccine on October 1, you can inoculate other vaccines after October 15 (the same day of the week two weeks later).
If you are unsure, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division.
Precautions when receiving vaccination
- After 2 months of age, first get vaccinated against “Hib”, “Pneumococcal pneumoniae for children”, “Hepatitis B” and “Rota”.
- After 3 months of age, get vaccinated with “DPT-IPV: Diphtheria Pertussis Tetanus Inactivated Polio DPT Vaccine”.
- “BCG” is available at the time of a 4-month-old child’s medical examination (conducted at the age of 5 months).
- When you are one year old, get vaccinated against “measles-rubella mixed” and “chickenpox”.
- Preliminary examination slips are available at medical institutions in the city, infectious disease control section, and health section of each ward health and welfare center.
- The number of days between inoculations will be counted from the next day. The day of vaccination is not included in the number of days.
- Ask your doctor to plan your vaccinations and pay attention to the vaccination intervals.
When you wish to receive vaccination at a medical institution outside the city of Chiba Prefecture
In Chiba prefecture, we carry out “mutual immunization business in Chiba prefecture”. Under the vaccination cooperating doctor of the medical institution cooperating with this project, you can inoculate at public expense using the pre-examination slip of Chiba City . (Please note that the types of vaccinations that can be inoculated differ depending on the vaccination cooperating doctor.)
Please use the pre-examination slip at the Infectious Disease Control Division or the Health Division of the Health and Welfare Center of each ward. You can also use the one printed from the Infectious Disease Control Division website or a copy of the unused pre-examination slip.
Even within the prefecture, if you want to receive vaccinations that are carried out by mass vaccination (when BCG is carried out by mass vaccination), you need a “vaccination implementation request form” to the mayor of the other party. Therefore, ask the municipality you wish to inoculate to confirm the BCG inoculation method (“individual inoculation” or “group inoculation”), and in the case of “group inoculation”, contact the Infectious Disease Control Division and request vaccination. Please apply for the issuance of the document.
* Click here for a list of medical institutions that cooperate with the mutual vaccination business in Chiba Prefecture.(Link to external site)
(If the link is not displayed, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941) for cooperating medical institutions.)
If you have a long-term stay outside the prefecture (generally 2 months or more), such as when you have a child on your way home or have been hospitalized at a medical institution outside the prefecture, and wish to receive regular vaccinations at a medical institution near your hometown or a hospital outside the prefecture. Is required to submit the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” issued by Chiba City to the medical institution to be vaccinated. The “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” states, “This vaccination is carried out as a routine vaccination, and if the vaccination causes health damage, the mayor of the municipality with resident registration will take responsibility.” It will be a document to show that to the medical institution to inoculate. Therefore, if you inoculate without submitting this document to a medical institution, you will be treated as a voluntary inoculation, and if you suffer a health hazard, you will not be able to receive the relief system based on the provisions of the Immunization Law. In addition, inoculation costs are not subject to reimbursement and are at your own expense.
Even if you stay for more than 2 months, if you apply for a vaccination request form for reasons other than “homecoming birth” or “hospitalization at a medical institution outside the prefecture”, the Infectious Disease Control Division will call you for confirmation. You may be asked to do so. Please note that we may not be able to issue a vaccination request form depending on the reason for your stay, such as “temporary homecoming”.
If a side reaction occurs after vaccination, you may need to visit the medical institution where you received the vaccination for a long time. Unless you have special circumstances that require vaccination at your place of stay, please inoculate at a medical institution in Chiba City or Chiba Prefecture before going to your place of stay or after returning from your place of stay. ..
* Before applying for the issuance of the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form”, please check the following three points with the vaccination department of your municipality.
① Even if you have a resident registration in Chiba City, can you subsidize the cost of routine immunization (in the municipality where you are staying)? (If there is a cost subsidy, the redemption payment procedure described below may not be necessary.)
(2) Which of the “medical institution to inoculate” and the “mayor of the city, town, or village where you are staying” will be the recipient of the “vaccination request form” (not the destination)?
③ When inoculating rotavirus or HPV (human papillomavirus infection), which of the two vaccines will be inoculated? (If the vaccine is different, you may need to apply again or you may not be able to receive the vaccine.)
After confirming the above three points, please apply for issuance of “Vaccination Implementation Request Form”.To apply for the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form”, follow 1 or 2 below (please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division for details). In addition, the vaccination for which you apply for the issuance of the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” should be for vaccination within 6 months from the date of application . If you plan to stay for more than 6 months and plan to get vaccinated more than 6 months before the date of application, please reapply 1-2 months before the scheduled date of vaccination.
1. Use Chiba Electronic Application Service (Not available for vaccinations for the elderly)
Please enter the necessary information at the link below.
2. Fill out the application form and send it to the Infectious Disease Control Division
Call the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941) and tell them that you will be vaccinated outside the prefecture. After confirming that the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” is issued, we will send you the application form by mail or fax. When you receive the form, fill in the required items and send it to the Infectious Disease Control Division by mail or fax. If you send it by fax, please call the Infectious Disease Control Division to confirm your arrival.
After applying by either method 1 or 2, the Infectious Disease Control Division will prepare a vaccination implementation request form and send it to the parents or the municipality where it will be implemented. It takes about 10 days (excluding weekends and holidays, year-end and New Year holidays) after receiving the application
before the vaccination implementation request is issued , so please apply with plenty of time.
* About vaccination costs (reimbursement payment) For the costs of
routine vaccinations inoculated outside the prefecture, pay the full amount of the vaccination costs at the inoculated medical institution, and then apply to the Infectious Disease Control Division with the necessary documents 1 to 3 below. Will be refunded (reimbursed) at a later date within the maximum amount of Chiba City. However, if the maximum amount of Chiba City is exceeded, only the excess amount will be borne by the guardian. In addition, only those who apply for the issuance of “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” before vaccination and submit the “Vaccination Implementation Request Form” to the medical institution to inoculate are eligible for reimbursement .
[Documents required to apply for reimbursement]
1. Vaccination fee reimbursement invoice (sent together with vaccination request form)
2. Original receipt paid for vaccination (copy not allowed)
3. Preliminary examination Vote (Please get either the original or a copy from the inoculated medical institution)
Please mail the above 3 points to the Infectious Disease Control Division.
For details on the procedure for applying for reimbursement, please contact the Infectious Disease Control Division.
About correspondence to those who could not receive routine immunization due to long-term medical treatment
For those who missed the opportunity for routine immunization due to “special circumstances” such as having a disease requiring long-term medical treatment during the period covered by routine immunization, we decided to secure the opportunity for vaccination. It has become. However, the inoculation period is from the day when “special circumstances” disappear to the day when two years have passed.
In addition to the target diseases and the upper limit of the age at which vaccination can be performed (depending on the vaccine), procedures are required before vaccination, so please refer to the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941) for details. Please contact us.
About subsidy for re-vaccination cost of vaccination for those who lost immunity due to hematopoietic cell transplantation
For citizens under the age of 20 who are judged by doctors that hematopoietic cell transplantation (bone marrow transplantation, peripheral blood stem cell transplantation, cord blood transplantation) cannot be expected to have a preventive effect on routine immunization before transplantation. From November 1, 2014, we will subsidize the cost of re-immunization.
1. Target person
Those who meet all of the following requirements
(1) The doctor has judged that the preventive effect of routine immunization that has already been inoculated cannot be expected by hematopoietic cell transplantation.
(2) Being under 20 years old who has an address in the city on the day of re-inoculation.
(3) The number of vaccinations and the interval between vaccinations for routine vaccinations that have already been vaccinated shall be in accordance with the vaccination implementation rules.
2. Vaccinations subject to cost subsidies
Among those that fall under Class A diseases (hibs, pediatric pneumonia, etc.) stipulated in Article 2, Paragraph 2 of the Vaccination Law, those that have been vaccinated as routine vaccinations in the past vaccination
3. How to apply
Before vaccination (re-vaccination), you need to apply to the Infectious Disease Control Division (043-238-9941) in advance.
Please submit the following documents (1) to (3) to the Infectious Disease Control Division.
(1) Chiba special of any vaccination costs subsidized certification application by reason (PDF: 118KB)
(2) Chiba statement of the reasons for any vaccination costs subsidized by special reasons (PDF: 116KB) (according to the attending physician, etc. the please ask)
(3) Maternal and Child Health Handbook (those previous routine immunization history of hematopoietic cell transplantation surgery occurs can be confirmed) or a copy of what the history can be confirmed
* As a result of the examination, a “certification notice” will be issued to those who are certified as eligible for the grant.
4. Subsidy method
Once you bear the cost, we will subsidize it by reimbursement at a later date.
* Only those who have been issued a “certification notice” before re-inoculation can be subsidized by reimbursement. Reimbursement costs for re-inoculation performed before the “Certification Notice” is issued are not eligible for reimbursement.
5. Amount of subsidy
Cost for re-vaccination
* There is an upper limit depending on the type of vaccination and the age at the time of vaccination.
* Document fees are not eligible for subsidies.
About vaccination of overseas travelers
Please contact the Quarantine Division of the Narita Airport Quarantine Station (Tel: 0476-34-2310) for information on the outbreak of infectious diseases overseas and necessary vaccinations.
If you are old enough to receive the vaccinations stipulated in the Vaccination Law at public expense, you can receive the vaccinations at a medical institution that cooperates with vaccinations in the city. Please contact the medical institution receiving the vaccination for the date and time of vaccination.
- About vaccination in case of voluntary vaccination If you
are over the age that you can receive at public expense, or if you have voluntary vaccination such as Rota, Otafukukaze, hepatitis A, etc., you will be vaccinated at your own expense at a medical institution where you can get vaccinated.
- National Institute of Infectious Diseases Infectious Disease Information Center (link to external site) (Opens in a new window)(Link to external site)(Open in a new window)
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Quarantine Station FORTH To spend health abroad(Link to external site)(Open in a new window)
- Information on HPV (human papillomavirus infection) vaccination
- Chiba Medical Association “List of medical institutions that cooperate with each other in Chiba Prefecture’s routine immunization business” (link to external site)(Link to external site)(Open in a new window)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download it for free from the link on the banner.
Source of information on this page
Health and Welfare Bureau Medical Hygiene Department Health Center Infectious Disease Control Division
1-3-9 Saiwaicho, Mihama-ku, Chiba City Chiba City General Health and Medical Center 2nd floor